The holidays are right around the corner, but it’s not too late to get your oral health care habits back on track and onto the path of success for a healthy and happy holidays. The first step in your dental care begins with basic tooth brushing and flossing techniques. Plaque buildup can damage your teeth, so you must brush daily to prevent it from forming.
Here are few important tips to remember about caring your teeth:
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Brush your teeth and gums in two minute intervals, twice daily. Don’t forget to floss once daily as well.
– Stop by for a visit to your dentist at Riverfront Dental LLC every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Eat a proper diet, and avoid sugary foods that are difficult to brush away, such as hard candy and chewy taffy.
– Due to cross-contamination, try to avoid sharing toothbrushes or storing next to other brushes.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and fits comfortably into your mouth. Also be sure it can reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3-4 months or earlier if your bristles are heavily worn.
It’s important to stick to your routine, and not slack off on your oral health care habits. If you would like to set up an oral exam or professional cleaning with Dr. Scott Howe, please call us at 503.370.7651, to speak with a member of our friendly staff. You can also stop by our office in Salem, Oregon. Brush away bad oral health habits, and return to a wonderful smile once more!