Is your smile suffering from bad breath symptoms? Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is caused by bacteria that produces a nasty or foul odor emanating from your mouth. It is commonly caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a critical role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Bad breath can be attributed to poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Medications that produce dry mouth symptoms can produce bad breath.
– If you have an unrevealed disease such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eliminate most common types of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Various diseases and irregularities cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– Plaque buildup that lingers on your teeth and gums can cause bad breath.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible bad breath treatment with Dr. Scott Howe and our team at Riverfront Dental LLC, please call 503.370.7651 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Salem, Oregon. Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of!